| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Martin Hime | |
| Date/Time: | 13/03/07 19:41:00 |
| While Tony Belton has good arguments, many of which I agree with, it is unfortunate they are sometimes put forward in a way which is combative. Sadly that is no way to achieve the end which so many want ie to see the Museum stay open. I remember being totally bored and thinking what a waste of time and money when political gybing, as so often, occurred at main Council Meetings. Serious discussion did take place in Committees and when the opposition there made a good, constructive point it was listened to. Malcolm, we have already been over the Council's strategy paper of 2001. I can't bother to look it up again, but twice it said what an important role the Museum has in the cultural affairs of Wandsworth. Signed off by Guy Senior. I repeat TWICE the importance of the Museum was stressed. |