| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Martin Hime | |
| Date/Time: | 06/01/07 21:48:00 |
| Jonathan is quite right. You can't allocate some Council tax to a particular project. He is also right about the Putney Society which keeps us all on our toes, including the Council. I hope anyone not a member will join the Putney Society. Having said that, Wandsworth Council has been under Conservative Control for 28 years. Some people must be satisfied? No-one however pretends it is perfect. Everyone should join in and make their views known. Far too many just mutter and do nothing. Lets start the Friends of Wandsworth Museum. Sorry I can't do it myself- too old.. But ready to pay a subscription. Although I don't really like going over old ground, Lucille, the Garden Centre in Putney (which I used frequently and did not wish to see closed) was there for a profit for the owners. They refused to pay a competitive rent. Should the Council pay our tax to sponsor businesses which won't pay current rent levels? Anyway I find the Garden centre on the Upper Richmond Road towards Sheen very good and almost as convenient. |