| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Possible sale of Court House | |
| Posted by: | Roland Gilmore | |
| Date/Time: | 19/01/07 18:14:00 |
| Come on now Alice; sensible questions do not necessarily receive a response from Malcolm Grimstone. He's far too busy trying to score political points against the Labour opposition. On another thread, he suggested we offer alternatives to his proposal. I posted the following but he chooses to ignore it together with my request for the numbers so that we can all see where the costs are and what assumptions he's made. I would now like to add to that, sight of his balance sheet, to show how much he calculates this extra Wandsworth library will cost. It all smells like "back of a fag packet" accounts to me but hope I'm wrong:- "Of course...since Wandsworth are subscribed to the new incinerator to be built in Bexley, by diverting 100t. a week of "recyclables" to the incinerator, savings of more than £400,000 are made. (This calculation is based on information from the council that is a few years old now. i.e. extra over cost of recycling waste is £80/tonne.) A positive suggestion from you Malcolm. I do not see how you can make these proposals without an assumed land/building valuation. If that is kept a secret, we can not make a sensible comparison with your proposal. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post a link to your balance sheet of the annual running costs. Surely that is not a secret too?" Come on councillor, don't be shy. |