| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Rebecca Grant | |
| Date/Time: | 18/01/07 15:00:00 |
| I used to vist wandsworth museum a great deal as a child when it was based in Putney library - and I completely adored it. It was so fantastic to have our local heritage preserved and I learnt so much about Putney from it. Our history is so important - and quite frankly I do not feel that a "web-based" museum would do the museum justice. With regard to the success of travelling exhibitions in the South Ken Museums - and also at the british museum, I feel that many people also visit in their droves to see the permanent collections held there - who could ever forget the Elgin Marbles (British Museum) or the Dinosaur Hall (NHM). I, for one would be very sad to see this museum go. |