| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Martin Hime | |
| Date/Time: | 03/02/07 23:43:00 |
| Dear (and I mean that "dear" you know I have the highest respect for you and how hard you work for the communal good)Malcolm, Please see my comment on the inflation discussion. I make it quite clear that I believe, as I have always done, that our Council has for many years been highly efficient, as shown by auditors. But that does not mean we cannot query what is going on today (I keep saying let us concentrate on NOW. It is a fact that the official rate of inflation as accepted by the Bank of England is 3 per cent, 1 percent too high. I also await any answer,for example,as to how much extra income the increased parking charges will produce. And if we could not save a great deal of money by reducing our very extaravagant night lighting? As I keep saying let us concentrate on NOW. (he,he,he in retrospect I now wish I had given more attention as a Councllor to our overall finances - guess I was too busy worrying about Education!) |