| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Martine Guy | |
| Date/Time: | 12/01/07 22:22:00 |
| Valerie I do hope my message comes out in the right place this time. According to the Wandsworth Borough News, our museum needs £400,000 a year. As a total sum this is a large sum of money, but broken down into 400 x £1000 of corporate sponsorship is it such a large sum? You never know 2 or 3 business might come up with the whole amount, but realistically 400 x £1000 might actually be an easier sum to raise than it looks at first sight. Wandsworth is a large borough. There must be several thousand businesses to approach. Wandsworth Chamber of Commerce will have a list, I would have thought. What you need more of is time, I think you should ask Wandsworth Council for six months to get things organised. I put a posting in the wrong place that was meant for you: Last year I joined the British Library "Adopt a Book Scheme". I pay £25 a year to adopt a children's book. How about such a scheme to adopt an object in the museum. good luck! |