| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Lucille Grant | |
| Date/Time: | 14/01/07 20:11:00 |
| Martin - The Museum originated in Putney Library. It is the Museum for the WHOLE of the Borough (and when I last checked Putney was in the Borough of Wandsworth, otherwise I wouldn't be paying their council tax and neither would you!) Therefore the Putney Society has as much right as any other amenity society within the Borough to represent their members' views with the Council as they already do on a great many other issues. In my view it is a scandal that the Council are giving so little time for such views to be made in this particular case and that no full consultation process is taking place. I am surprised you have never visited the Museum but I am sure there are countless children who have. Those who enjoy their visits and those children yet to do so, such as your granddaughter one day, will be denied the opportunity of learning about local south London history if it is closed and the 10,000+ exhibits dispersed. Valerie Bott has given ample reasons why the museum should not close. I do agree with you that three libraries in close proximity is a mad idea and doubt whether that is a serious proposal at all. |