| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Lucille Grant | |
| Date/Time: | 24/02/07 08:27:00 |
| Martin - Having just got up (!) Under the auspices of the Wandsworth Historical Society a Wandsworth Museumm Campaign Group has been formed with representatives from all the Borough amenity societies and interested parties. While this began as a Wandsworth/Putney initiative it is now, rightly, a Borough wide one as the implications of library closures is a major one, as well as that of the closure of the Museum. The Group is exploring all options and when some agreement is reached it will no doubt be posted on here as well as publicised elsewhere. As far as Lottery funding goes I don't believe the Museum can ask for money if it doesn't have a permanent home (or is under threat?)nor the wherewithal to illustrate that it can match funding by other means. I may be wrong, so if anyone can throw any more light on the way lottery money is allocated I am sure they will say. |