| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Malcolm Grimston | |
| Date/Time: | 04/02/07 13:47:00 |
| I apologise if I had not done so but I thought I had said that looking at overnight lighting was indeed on the agenda and that officers are investigating it. These things can't be done at the flick of a switch (to coin a phrase) - there are potential health & safety considerations in each individual instance. Barn Elms is a bit different - it is a well-used facility and is indeed specifically mentioned in our 2001 cultural strategy. Increasing physical activity in our community remains a high priority for the council, for a whole range of reasons. We have never been accused (as far as I am aware) of being a council which just does the statutory stuff, and sport is a good example of where we invest for wider community benefit. |