| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Malcolm Grimston | |
| Date/Time: | 08/01/07 23:51:00 |
| If the bones of the proposals are found to work in practice then we'll obviously need to look at the overall provision of services in the area but at the moment I can't answer the question about the present West Hill Library. I can say that we intend to present fuller proposals to the February meeting of the Environment & Leisure Overview & Scrutiny Committee and the papers will be on the Council website beforehand. Incidentally, one thing I've never felt completely comfortable about is when to start consulting people on proposed improvements. If we do it too early people ask detailed questions that we're not in a position to answer (and then say 'how can you be proposing this if you don't know all the implications'), while if we do it too late we're accused of being secretive and not asking people early enough! It's an art rather than a science, I guess. |