| Topic: | Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Caroline Whitehead | |
| Date/Time: | 11/01/07 17:23:00 |
| I agree with Councillor Grimston that for people who shop in Southside/Sainsburys it would be useful to be able to visit a library at the same time. However, as I've already pointed out, both West Hill and Alvering Libraries are within walking distance of the Town Centre. So (again) put the Museum into West Hill, and combine Alvering and West Hill Libraries in the Court House as a "Super Library" thus saving whatever it costs to run Alvering Library. I am not sure why Councillor Grimston feels that the De Morgan Centre and the Museum could not share premises. I would have thought that each would benefit the other. As Fraser Pearce has suggested a Cafe would add to the attractions - judging by Putney High St there seems to be no shortage of businesses in the private sector willing to open cafes. |