| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Kate Catleugh | |
| Date/Time: | 13/01/07 14:19:00 |
| Apropos Jonathan Callaway's contribution I think I now need to put my head above the parapet. As the trustee principally in charge of the De Morgan Centre I have followed this saga with dismay and apprehension. Both Val Bott and Jonathan have contributed with clarity and positive leads. One thing must, however be clarified: the De Morgan Centre is not in any way under the jurisdiction of Wandsworth B.C. Its parent is the De Morgan Foundation which is an independent charity. Our relationship with the Council is one of landlord and tenant and this in itself is causing me great concern. The future of the West Hill Library building may well also be at risk, albeit not immediately. If the Museum were to be relocated in the West Hill building and if the De Morgan Centre remained, the current library would need to go to accommodate it. A great deal of less than open planning... |