| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Julia Matcham | |
| Date/Time: | 02/03/07 11:56:00 |
| Curious how this has come up...I had never heard of Corum, until I saw the play Corum Boy at the Olivier a couple of weeks ago. I also learned through it where 'blackballing' came from. It, as you probably know, was a form of lottery. If your sad parent picked out of the bag a black ball instead of a white one, she didn't get her child a place. (Sounds familiar!). What did you mean Adrian...that is how you got your surname? I must visit the Foundling Hospital. Where is it? For the record, the play is a melodrama...lovely Handel Music for large chunks but writing of script rather predictable and frankly dull...in my opinion. Still, one learned a few things. History. Yes, we musn't lose the museum. |