| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Jonathan Callaway | |
| Date/Time: | 02/02/07 19:00:00 |
| Michael, I agree and I have written to David Cameron only to be told it is a local issue - he won't get involved and neither he nor our local (Putney) MP will say anything critical of our local (Conservative) Council. This is what depresses me so much about our politicians. The reaction of each side is so predictable and so unhelpful. In the case of the Museum there are some very good ideas out there which if time is allowed for them to be pursued might result in securing its future. If we get the time then know we can devote the effort. By "we" I mean a coalition of amenity societies, the Wandsworth Historical Society and a number of committed borough residents. If you want to help get in touch with Neil Robson at the WHS who is co-ordinating ideas and strategy and will lead our delegation to the council committee meeting next Tueday evening. |