| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Peter Bullock | |
| Date/Time: | 18/01/07 11:44:00 |
| "While the museum may close we will provide a local heritage service from Battersea Library" local heritage service???? WTF??? Sorry, but this is a disingenuous pile of crap. Perhaps Mr Lister would be well suited to the old native American name "Dances With Words". The museum does not generate a suitable income, so someone (I'm not suggesting it was Mr Lister) has decided the museum WILL close, that's it. We've all seen this level of duplicity and in central government on a regular basis: the only way I beleive the museum has any chance at all is HUGE public pressure. Without exception, every individual I have spoken with over past few days has been (a) unaware and (b)outraged. I would urge all of you who want to see the musuem saved (if it is even a possibity) tell everyone you know. Especially any schoolteachers & other high volume users of the facility |