| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Martin Hime | |
| Date/Time: | 04/02/07 14:14:00 |
| Thank you. Yes you did say sort of casually, Malcolm, that you would look into street lighting. I am glad to hear positively that officers are looking into the idea. It would not only save a lot of money, but is also "green" !! Of course there are a lot of factors to be taken into account. I am not suggesting we should rush into anything, as I think we are over the possible closure of 2 libraries, one Museum and one cultural centre. As for Barn Elms, I still do not know what it costs our Council. I imagine funds come from other sources too? But just because it is a wonderful facility (which I think it is) does not mean that Wandsworth Council should pay for it - it is not in Wandsworth. You said St Cecilias use it. Well, so what. They may send children on visits to the Science museum, but should Wandsworth pay to keep the Science Museum open?. And any way, St Cecilias could use the Roehampton Playing field. The bottom line is that I would like to know how much Barn Elms costs us. Perhaps you could get officers to look into that too? And how much extra income the raised Parking charges are estimated to produce for us. Perhaps you could ask officers to let us know that figure too? |