| Topic: | Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Martin Hime | |
| Date/Time: | 08/01/07 19:31:00 |
| Dear Lucille, I hope Im not just being argumentative. We are just having a discussion. OK? Although I don't think paying our taxes is a strong argument either way, I pay taxes to the Conservators, as do all others who live within 3/4 of a mile (I think) from the Commons. So Windmill Museum is directly comparable to me. There are also many other activities which we support a bit through taxes, but who charge an entrance fee. The first that comes to mind is use of the Putney Leisure Centre - second Tooting Lido. Another is municipal owned tennis courts. I could go on a bit ie parking charges on OUR streets, congestion charge on OUR roads and tolls on some too. What we need to know is how much running the Wandsworth Museum costs, how many visitors there are and whether the Council would even consider an entrance fee. |