| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Malcolm Grimston | |
| Date/Time: | 12/01/07 12:33:00 |
| I don't know where you get that impression - the whole reason I am in community service is to help others less fortunate than myself so I could never resent anyone with the same aims, however differently they might view how we should get there. I welcome debate, I don't quite so much like the personal abuse or implications that if someone has served the community as a councillor they can't be trusted. None of us is a Party hack, Martin less than most - when we were colleagues I always benefited from his robust challenge to some of my ideas and changed some of those proposals as a result. I'm glad that others have alternative views to express so we can be sure we understand the full implications of proposals. And I respect the outcome of elections, win or lose - indeed, I have always preferred people who vote for another party or candidate to people who don't vote at all. But none of that means I have a right to abandon my informed instincts for what is in the best interests of our community as a whole. |