| Topic: | Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Tony Belton | |
| Date/Time: | 04/02/07 18:42:00 |
| I am slightly surprised that there have been no responses directly to my message of 1st February. Did I not get the point over clearly enough? If not then let me repeat:- Last Wednesday Cllr Lister admitted in public that a 3.8% increase in Council Tax would be sufficient to fund the current level of services in the Borough, including of course the Museum and Battersea Arts Centre. There were a couple of qualifications, but nevertheless that increase would cover any gap in funding over the next tewo years. Personally, and given what appears to be a funding "challenge" three years out I think that a 5% increase would be more sensible. If, however, there is no increase then I think we can all draw our own conclusions about what Cllr Lister and his fellow Tory councillors consider to be their own priorities: namely that any cuts in services including even the closure of the Museum are more acceptable than any increase of Council Tax. |