| Topic: | Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | John Horrocks | |
| Date/Time: | 03/02/07 21:13:00 |
| Martin, You, as a former Councillor, know Councillor Maurice Heaster (who is in charge of our Council's financial decision making) far better than I do. What confidence can we have in his financial pronouncements and planning for the budget on which our next Council Tax bill will be based? I must say that I feel that I am not the only one, in Putney, who is having serious doubts about the financial case being put by Councillors Lister and Grimston as the basis of their arguement for the closure of the Museum. "Has there been serious financial mismanagement at the town hall over recent years, which has led the council to be so short of money, today"? This is the question so many people are asking now. In a borough as wealthy as Wandsworth, it does seem difficult to understand why the council cannot raise the modest sums required to maintain the cultural fabric which any civilised borough would have. What's gone wrong, Martin? |