| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Lucille Grant | |
| Date/Time: | 10/01/07 09:08:00 |
| Malcolm, thank you for your response - Personally, like Martine (I must stress that I am not speaking with my Put Soc hat on) I am prepared to pay more Council tax to maintain this unique local heritage whether in its current location or a new one. No doubt our Council tax will rise this year anyway because it always does the year after an election, if memory serves correctly. I would imagine the main cause of costs of the Museum are salaries and maintenance of the old building and await the details in the papers due before next month's committee meeting. I would still like to know why the council considers new initiatives such as Green Plaques (even if cost is much lower) and no doubt many others across the board, rather than maintain the service of the Museum. Rather than ask us for cuts as you are doing perhaps you should put a block on new proposals for the forseeable future. Martine, as far as I recall there is no cafe - space is probably prohibitive and it would need an outside contractor or volunteers to run it and make enough of a profit to make it worthwhile. |