| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Martin Hime | |
| Date/Time: | 14/01/07 19:51:00 |
| Jonathan. I am not all sure it is best for any protest to come from a Society and certainly not the Putney Society - the Museum is not in Putney! In my view , as I said before, it would be best if one of you who feels strongly about this (I do not like closures but in my long life in Putney I have never visited the Museum) would get together some 20 to 30 people, and make a written petition to the Council and ask for permission to make a presentation at the Committee Meeting. I have known, very occasionally, such a presentation to result in a Committee decision to postpone action pending further research. As Malcolm said, it is very little use just saying in the presentation that lots of people don't want to see closure. Sound reasons have to be put forward as to why closure is a bad idea - and then to say if it does go ahead we need to have much better proposals for what happens next after closure. Move to West Hill? The idea of putting another libary there is quite mad - there are two libraries already quite close by. So what would be done with the building? We need to know fully what the Councils future plans are for the listed building. |