| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Martine Guy | |
| Date/Time: | 06/01/07 22:51:00 |
| Er why does he need a chauffeur. what's wrong with public transport, taxis or walking. He visited Clarendon Drive in his limo for a Xmas fete. I understand he lives in central Putney a five minute walk away. How much did this visit cost council tax payers - a couple of hundred pounds is my guess. One final point about our lost garden centre - we were on holiday in Dartmouth a couple of years ago and there was a very small garden centre run by volunteers. People love gardening (including myself). If the Council had kept it open as a commercial business owned by them, I bet loads of people would have volunteered to help out. It could have been a great place for school trips to let children learn about plants and how to grow them. What a waste of the site - my heart sinks everytime I walk past. |