| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Malcolm Grimston | |
| Date/Time: | 12/01/07 13:26:00 |
| I can assure you that my group has spent a long time (several months) discussing these proposals, during which period they have changed on a number of occasions as we have considered different approaches and viewpoints, and that I am speaking for the majority group on the council. Our convention is that the portfolio holder with responsibility outlines those plans, but that was the case before the Cabinet system when the relevant chairman of the service committees played the same role. I should also stress that we have formulated proposals but that we remain open to alternatives that fulfil the need to make savings while if possible creating a better way of celebrating local history and culture than we have on offer at present. I reject any suggestion of secrecy, but repeat that in order to counter some rather inaccurate statements being made I have got involved before we have all the details available. Those details, including financial arguments, will be published before the decision-making process begins. |