| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Adrian Nalden | |
| Date/Time: | 05/02/07 22:04:00 |
| And I have read many empassioned pleas on this thread, and superlative and highly logical solutions which are to be both commended and applauded. But I for one will reiterate my contention that every alternative put forward is, ultimately, pointless. This has been planned for a very long time, and not to just save money (if at all). If the council's argument is the resource is underused, why did the council not advertise the museum? I still see posters every year promoting 'Wandsworth in bloom', and more recently 'WBC opposes post office closures'. I do not recall ever seeing 'Visit Wandsworth Museum - the finest place to learn about where YOU live - and it's free!' Tomorrow's meeting is pure window dressing, nothing that has been said will have any effect on the council's decision. I know this sounds pessimistic, but I speak as someone who works in the NHS and has seen this level of subterfuge for several years. I would dearly love to be proved wrong and if tomorrow's decision is that the museum will stay open (and not merely postponed until 7th October) in light of recent protestations I will be the first to apologise for being wrong. If anyone is offended by my negative tone, good. Get angry. |