| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Jonathan Callaway | |
| Date/Time: | 17/01/07 10:43:00 |
| I strongly suspect that the full implications of closure have yet to be seriously considered. I could be wrong of course but we will only know when the detailed proposals are published. The more I read of who has contributed to the museum and the personal stories connected with many donations, the more insensitive the council looks. However, more and more voices are being added in opposition to the council's plans and they will have to come up with something much better than simple closure and sale of the Court House building. As much as Malcolm Grimston and his colleagues are trying to make it the responsibility of opponents of closure to come up with alternative plans, it is clearly their own responsibility as they have initiated this plan in the first place. It will be very interesting to see what they do propose when the papers are filed. |