| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Jonathan Callaway | |
| Date/Time: | 14/01/07 18:33:00 |
| I agree that there has been selective answering of questions. I re-listed late on Friday night all the questions I have put to Malcolm Grimston which await an answer, but he has not responded as yet. I suspect we will not get anything concrete until all the papers for the Environment & Leisure Overview and Scrutiny Committee meeting are filed next month (they should be on the WBC website, I believe). The form and extent of intended "consultation" will then become apparent. Without the application of sustained pressure by those who seek to get the council to reconsider closing the museum, or allow time for a suitable solution to be found, this will be a fait accompli. I suggest opposition is channelled through one of the amenity societies in the borough such as the Putney Society or the Wandsworth Historical Society. Be very aware that both Malcolm Grimston and Edward Lister have made it abundantly clear that they are determined to go ahead with closure. |