| Topic: | Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Tony Belton | |
| Date/Time: | 26/02/07 10:21:00 |
| 1. I do have to admit that the WBC publicity machine is very good. To hear the majority party line, you would not believe would you, that since 1997 Government grant has gone up in REAL terms by 25% and Council Tax has fallen, even allowing for this year's 4.9% increase, by 5%. That is just how tough the Government has been on Wandsworth! 2. Martin, can I ask, have you come out openly in this forum stating that you were a Tory councillor until May, last year. You do seem to be pretending to neutrality at the same time as being very sympathetic to the Council's position. If you have, then fair enough and I withdraw any implication, but if you haven't then I just thought I ought to get it on record that you are Martin Hime, West Putney councillor, 2002-6. 3. I think one could almost open a book on a 4.9% increase next year and the year after and a zero increase in election year 2010. |