| Topic: | Re:Re:Proposed closure of Wandsworth Museum | |
| Posted by: | Martine Guy | |
| Date/Time: | 06/01/07 22:30:00 |
| martin it was me who raised the matter of the garden centre again. Yes it was a commercial enterprise and the council had to seek the best price for the site, but why couldn't they have offered the site to another garden centre business first. I think it must have been quite profitable, so why didn't the council run it as garden centre. I think (but am not certain) Lambeth have a garden centre that is run commercially with the aid of community volunteers, it is in Vauxhall. Look what we have in its place another block of boring flats. Nobody wants to pay more, but as I said before. What next? What is the next cutback that our Council is going to make. In my opinion some things are worth paying for and our museum is one of them. As I said before let the Council cutback first and get rid of the Mayor's chauffeur driven limo. these sort of civic trappings don't impress me. |