Forum Message

Topic: Not the Conservators' Q&A
Posted by: John Cameron
Date/Time: 28/09/14 09:57:00

Time for a new Putney Hospital thread...too much scrolling

The Conservators have put a Q&A page up on Windmill Towers interweb. 

The following are the Q's they ask themselves.  The A's are not.

Q. Have the Conservators sold Common land to Wandsworth Council?

A. Yes, in effect the Conservators sold the access to Wandsworth.  The land will become the drive and access for the school and luxury flats, it will be tarmacked, protected by a 1 metre high mound / ditch, dozens of bollards, an electronic barrier and lit by street lighting.  It will cease to be common.  Picnic on it and you will get run over or arrested.  So don’t.

Q. Did the Conservators get the best possible value for the easement?

A. Who knows?  We are not going to let on but our stance is that the Conservators have, throughout their involvement, initially with the Primary Care Trust and latterly with Wandsworth Council, obtained independent legal and valuation advice from professional firms.  But we never released the advice.  We claim to have at all times in the best interests of the Commons and Levy-payers, but didn’t.  We never consulted the Levy payers, we signed the deal in secret, we publicly objected to the over intensive development and privately admit that Putney Lower Common will be destroyed by the use. 

Q. What was the valuation for the easement?

A. £350,000 but we are not going to release the independent advice and valuation we obtained.  It’s like confidential, as it has a bit in it that says it’s err, confidential.  But we do act in an open and transparent manner.  Honestly.

Q. Why did the Conservators apply only £1 for the school access and £349,999 for the residential easement?

A. We set a commercial rate for the residential easement and only £1 for the primary academy access.  We didn't agree a commercial rate for the school as it was “free at the point of entry”, and we care more about providing free schools and cheap land to Wandsworth than we do about our fiduciary duties to the Charity that we are Trustees of.  We know we have a duty of care to the Charity, to only act in the best interests of the Charity, and could have got a lot lot more, but we chose to ignore it. Hey ho.  It was only a few million quid, and of course we are loaded.  Like completely minted, with £2.5m in the bank.  So we don’t really need the money.

Q. How much land will be returned to Common as part of the approved scheme?

A. None, as 100% of the land that is going to be “returned to common”, is common already and was common before the sale of the access.  And a swathe 6m wide x 110m long will be tarmacked, but it’s common as well.  The land that provides the tarmacked turning circle was swopped for some land down the A3, near Asda.  It’s a pretty crappy bit of land quite honestly, and we paid a lot of money for it.  We now realise that we were legged over by Wandsworth and are trying to wriggle out of this, and get some land near Putney Common, to replace the land at Putney Common that we gave away. Hmm, might want to think about this all, as it doesn't seem, to make sense.

Q. What will happen to the woodland belt along the western boundary of the Common that provides an important screen?

A. This woodland is in need of “management”, and up to now we have never really bothered about it, as it’s in Putney so doesn't really matter. Putney is where we get a ton of money from, but quite frankly it’s not Wimbledon Common is it? However as we now have the school next to us, and they want a view, we will cut down a lot of trees and call it “management”, and say that it is to “ensure the long term viability”.  Wandsworth are paying for this, which is really generous of them.  Not sure why. 

Q. Where can I find out more about the complex legal issues associated with this development?

A. Not from the Conservators, but an article about the court cases that cost us a ****** fortune can be found on our website.  It won’t tell you much, but it’s kind of interesting if you are a QC.   

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 09:57:00 John Cameron
   Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 10:07:00 Caroline Whitehead
      Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 11:02:00 Sue Hammond
         Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 11:19:00 Sue Hammond
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 11:44:00 David Austin
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 11:49:00 Caroline Whitehead
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 11:50:00 Jonty Nicholls
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 12:03:00 John Cameron
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 12:08:00 Nicholas Evans
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 12:47:00 Sue Hammond
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 12:53:00 John Cameron
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 13:13:00 David Austin
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 13:19:00 Chantal Blake-Milton
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 17:13:00 Jonty Nicholls
                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 17:43:00 Nicholas Evans
                                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 18:51:00 Jonty Nicholls
                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A28/09/14 19:25:00 Robert Wheeler
                                          Re:Bad Education28/09/14 22:30:00 Jonty Nicholls
                                             Re:Re:Bad Education28/09/14 23:12:00 David Ainsworth
                                             Re:Re:Transparency28/09/14 23:18:00 Jonty Nicholls
                                                Not the Conservators' Q&A29/09/14 08:11:00 John Cameron
                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A29/09/14 09:03:00 Andy Pike
                                          Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A29/09/14 09:16:00 Sue Hammond
                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not the Conservators' Q&A29/09/14 09:24:00 Andy Pike
                                          Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr P? (with apologies to Dads Army)29/09/14 12:05:00 John Cameron
                                             Re:Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr P? (with apologies to Dads Army)29/09/14 12:50:00 Stephen Walker
                                                Who do you think you are kidding Mr Devons?29/09/14 16:35:00 John Cameron
                                             Re:Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr P? (with apologies to Dads Army)29/09/14 13:00:00 Andy Pike
                                                Re:Re:Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr P? (with apologies to Dads Army)29/09/14 13:29:00 John Cameron
                                                   Re:Re:Re:Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr P? (with apologies to Dads Army)29/09/14 13:53:00 Andy Pike
                                                      Re:Re:Re:Re:Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr P? (with apologies to Dads Army)29/09/14 16:08:00 Nicholas Evans
                                                         Roof top playground for Putney Green Primary revealed 29/09/14 16:25:00 John Cameron
                                                            Re:Roof top playground for Putney Green Primary revealed 29/09/14 16:29:00 Sue Hammond
                                                               Can the Conservators Produce the Papers, Now? 30/09/14 08:07:00 John Cameron
                                                                  Re:Can the Conservators Produce the Papers, Now? 30/09/14 15:57:00 Sue Hammond
                                                                     Re:Re:Can the Conservators Produce the Papers, Now? 30/09/14 16:53:00 Robert Wheeler
                                                                        Re: Massive fraud by Deloitte01/10/14 00:05:00 Jonty Nicholls
                                                                           Why were valuations not queried by the Conservators?01/10/14 07:52:00 Chantal Blake-Milton
                                                                           Re:Re: Massive cover-up by Conservators?01/10/14 09:10:00 Nicholas Evans
                                                                              Re:Re:Re: Massive cover-up by Conservators?01/10/14 09:24:00 David Austin
                                                                                 Re:Re:Re:Re: Massive cover-up by Conservators?01/10/14 10:04:00 John Cameron
                                                                                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Massive cover-up by Conservators?01/10/14 13:03:00 Caroline Whitehead
                                                                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Massive cover-up by Conservators?01/10/14 13:07:00 Sue Hammond
                                                                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Massive cover-up by Conservators?01/10/14 13:12:00 John Cameron
                                                                                          Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Massive cover-up by Conservators?01/10/14 14:13:00 Margaret Brett
                                                                                             Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Massive cover-up by Conservators?01/10/14 15:48:00 Sue Hammond
                                                                                                Simon Lee and Me (with apologies to Marley)02/10/14 08:49:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                   Re:Simon Lee and Me (with apologies to Marley)02/10/14 09:06:00 Sue Hammond
                                                                                                      Simon Lee and Me (sorry it's molto longo)09/10/14 11:48:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                         Re:Simon Lee and Me (sorry it's molto longo)09/10/14 12:39:00 David Austin
                                                                                                            Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (sorry it's molto longo)09/10/14 17:47:00 Andy Pike
                                                                                                               Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (sorry it's molto longo) 10/10/14 12:19:00 Nicholas Evans
                                                                                                            Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (more Spanish)10/10/14 23:41:00 Alan Goldman
                                                                                                               Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (more Spanish)11/10/14 09:29:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (more Spanish)11/10/14 09:59:00 Caroline Whitehead
                                                                                                                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (more Spanish)11/10/14 10:16:00 Robert Wheeler
                                                                                                                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (more Spanish)11/10/14 13:26:00 Caroline Whitehead
                                                                                                                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (more Spanish)11/10/14 13:30:00 Sue Hammond
                                                                                                                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (more Spanish)11/10/14 13:41:00 Caroline Whitehead
                                                                                                                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (more Spanish)11/10/14 14:52:00 Tim Watson
                                                                                                                                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (more Spanish)11/10/14 18:58:00 Robert Wheeler
                                                                                                                                       C Whitehead, "My Serious Allegations" about the Conservators13/10/14 11:11:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                                                          Re:C Whitehead, "My Serious Allegations" about the Conservators13/10/14 12:31:00 Tim Watson
                                                                                                                                             Divorce13/10/14 12:50:00 Stephen Walker
                                                                                                                                                Re:Divorce13/10/14 13:36:00 Nicholas Evans
                                                                                                                                                   Re:Re:Divorce13/10/14 13:53:00 Stephen Walker
                                                                                                                                                      Re:Re:Re:Divorce13/10/14 15:37:00 Nicholas Evans
                                                                                                                                                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Divorce14/10/14 14:07:00 Tim Watson
                                                                                                                                                Re:Divorce13/10/14 13:50:00 Sue Hammond
                                                                                                                                                   Re:Re:Divorce13/10/14 16:50:00 Robert Wheeler
                                                                                                                                                      Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 08:14:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                                                                         Re:Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 09:05:00 Andy Pike
                                                                                                                                                            Re:Re:Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 10:42:00 Robert Wheeler
                                                                                                                                                               Re:Re:Re:Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 14:18:00 Lucille Grant
                                                                                                                                                                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 16:21:00 Robert Wheeler
                                                                                                                                                                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 17:17:00 Lucille Grant
                                                                                                                                                                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 17:39:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                                                                                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 17:55:00 Tim Watson
                                                                                                                                                                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 18:04:00 Andy Pike
                                                                                                                                                                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Transparency or Fluff?14/10/14 18:11:00 Nicholas Evans
                                                                                                                                                                                 Gates to Manual, a Complaint14/10/14 20:58:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                                                                                                 Gates to Manual, a Complaint14/10/14 20:58:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                                                                                                    Simon Lee and Me (Simon hasn't replied)18/10/14 12:38:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                                                                                                       Re:Simon Lee and Me (Simon hasn't replied)18/10/14 13:06:00 Sue Hammond
                                                                                                                                                                                          Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (Simon hasn't replied)18/10/14 14:43:00 Caroline Whitehead
                                                                                                                                                                                             Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (Simon hasn't replied)18/10/14 15:43:00 Sue Hammond
                                                                                                                                                                                                Re:Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (Simon hasn't replied)18/10/14 22:51:00 Andy Pike
                                                                                                                                                                                                   Simon Lee and Me (Simon hasn't replied)19/10/14 09:44:00 John Cameron
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Re:Simon Lee and Me (Simon hasn't replied)19/10/14 10:00:00 Sue Hammond
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Re:Simon Lee and Me (Simon hasn't replied)19/10/14 23:18:00 Andy Pike
                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Simon Lee and Me (Simon hasn't replied)19/10/14 11:26:00 Nicholas Evans
                                                                                                                                                                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Transparency or Fluff?19/10/14 23:40:00 Andy Pike

Forum Home