Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield
Posted by: Guy Sunda
Date/Time: 09/04/10 10:57:00

These people seem to buy the dog as a status symbol & have no idea on how to look after or train these dogs.

Consequently tragedies are waiting to happen [like we havn't had enuff incidents already]
I was walking down the road where one of these weapon dogs was being walked [I hadn't noticed them, or I'd have stayed on the other side of the road] Next minute I feel this dog snuffling up beside me. On looking down this dog was pulling at his leash beside me, then I heard the dog owner say "go for him" meaning ME.

Well; after quelling the urge to run I held my pace steady. Waiting for a possible assault.

Aparently the owner was trying to show off to his mates, but since I held my ground he backed off. I knew the dog had no idea he was suppossed to intimidate me but that was me. Most people might not have known what I'd observed!

Can nothing be done about who owns a dog? Because on Council Estates I thought people were not allowed to own dogs?

Yet a lot of these dogs do live on our estates. I kno of places that are breeding these fighting dogs. Yet authorities are either powerless to act or can't be bothered. Altho I do admit the authorities are in a difficult position. This trend of owning weapon dogs needs to be adressed.

Wandsworth has done an excelent job in having most dogs chipped. The people to consult are the RSPCA imho.

Y'all have a chipper day

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield01/04/10 09:28:00 Martine Guy
   Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield01/04/10 22:55:00 Fiona Mehta
      Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield08/04/10 14:03:00 Martine Guy
         Re:Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield09/04/10 10:57:00 Guy Sunda
         Re:Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield09/04/10 23:31:00 Fiona Mehta
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield09/04/10 23:34:00 Fiona Mehta
   Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield11/04/10 14:18:00 Brad Sutherland
      Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield11/04/10 20:45:00 Martine Guy
         Re:Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield11/04/10 21:29:00 Jonathan Callaway
      Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield12/04/10 01:43:00 Roger Lee

Forum Home