Forum Message

Topic: Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield
Posted by: Fiona Mehta
Date/Time: 01/04/10 22:55:00

I am glad that you have raised this subject, as I was about to post on the rise of dangerous dog breeds in Putney. I think the point that you have raised is valid.

However there just seems to be more and more of these "pitbull"(similar) dogs around, and almost all are never on leads either.   Almost every time I go out I encounter one of these dogs. Walking down the street, getting on a bus etc.   This evening as I returned home, I came across one dog and it's owner, the dog was off the lead, and practically came bounding up to me (not in "dog friendly" manner either) , the owner did call the dog away, but I was terrified. I did not know what the dog was going to do.

I have seen a chap kicking his pitbull dog repeatedly.
Dogs grabbing branches of trees and literally hanging of them, growling away. .please don't laugh, but you have to see them.  (Twice now, just last week, never walked so quickly in all my life).

I accept that some of these dogs might be quite lovable, and not agressive or prone to attacking things, they do receive bad press, but ....  Tonight's encounter was rather scary.  

However, I just wish that these pitbull breeds could be banned, microchipping is not enough IMHO.
I do worry for mums with their young kids/ young kids.  I just think all dogs should be kept on a lead.  Mind you I don't know if this is enough from what I have seen.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield01/04/10 09:28:00 Martine Guy
   Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield01/04/10 22:55:00 Fiona Mehta
      Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield08/04/10 14:03:00 Martine Guy
         Re:Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield09/04/10 10:57:00 Guy Sunda
         Re:Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield09/04/10 23:31:00 Fiona Mehta
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield09/04/10 23:34:00 Fiona Mehta
   Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield11/04/10 14:18:00 Brad Sutherland
      Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield11/04/10 20:45:00 Martine Guy
         Re:Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield11/04/10 21:29:00 Jonathan Callaway
      Re:Re:Dangerous Dogs in Thamesfield12/04/10 01:43:00 Roger Lee

Forum Home