Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?
Posted by: Alison Fraser
Date/Time: 06/11/09 11:58:00

Oh Mr Knight. If you want specific details then you can have them. My mother is not well and in bed. However, she can still get out of bed, thankfully, and move about a bit (usually to the bathroom). So, with a pneumatic drill being used on the wall behind her head, the wall vibrating and her head splitting, she was driven to getting up, putting her gown on, and creeping round, holding onto the wall for support, to shout as loud as she could at the builders, trying to make herself heard. By saying she 'actually went out..' I was trying to circumvent all the detail and show it was a sign of desperation. 

The house next door has been totally gutted and they've been working on it for a month already - we're not daft, and know the work has to be done now that they've started. It's not the hours of work - they're 8 - 5.30, unless it's on the party wall, and then it's an 8.30 start. Or somnething like that. We just wanted to know if there was a noise limit - you can complain about a loud party, so why can't we do something about the drilling? The decibels are way way way above anything you hear in the street as it's confined to an enclosed room, and I'm sure could cause actual damage to the ear. That's all I was trying to find out. I'll ring the Council.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?05/11/09 18:39:00 Alison Fraser
   Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?05/11/09 18:57:00 Simon Knight
      Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?05/11/09 19:33:00 Paul Clements
         Re:Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?05/11/09 19:56:00 Suzanne Taylor
         Re:Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?05/11/09 20:36:00 Simon Knight
      Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?06/11/09 11:58:00 Alison Fraser
         Re:Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?06/11/09 14:44:00 Catherine Schade
         Re:Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?06/11/09 15:26:00 Simon Knight
            Re:Re:Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?06/11/09 15:39:00 Alex Lamont
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?06/11/09 17:37:00 Leslie McDonnell
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?07/11/09 01:19:00 Alison Fraser
      Re:Re:is there a noise limit to building work being done by neighbours?06/11/09 17:46:00 Ian Todd

Forum Home