| Topic: | Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:The Danger of Rayner (and Labour) | |
| Posted by: | John Hawkes | |
| Date/Time: | 09/10/26 13:35:00 |
| Ms Carter 'Please stop the ad hominem accusations against Richard.' No one makes ad hominem accusations against Mr Carter. He has and does issue posts that I consider to be certainly anti-Israel and some tending to anti-semitism. Readers of this Forum have a right to point this out and argue with him on the matter. But he never engages in point to point argument on the Middle East conflict as you confirm and exhibits irrefutable bias. To him whatever Israel does is heinous and whatever the Palestinians do seems to be acceptable 'freedom fighting'. He prefers to simply point out outlandish statements made and actions carried out by Israeli extremists that are not endorsed by the Israeli government. You might consider the actions of the IDF in Gaza under Netanyahu's direction deplorable but they are doing what they think is necessary to destroy the base from which was launched a genocidal attack against them in 2023. And this requires destroying Gaza's infrastructure as well as the terrorist instigators. In that scenario innocent civilians will suffer as did many like Germans in WWII when the UK set out to destroy the Nazis, an earlier fascist group. I would expect that most Israelis support that position. When Islamists sworn to annihilate Israel and the Jews stop their attacks I have no doubt Israel's position will moderate. I am sorry you are not well, but I fail to see what this has to do with people conducting a political debate. |