Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax
Posted by: Jonathan Callaway
Date/Time: 04/10/26 16:24:00

I have done in the past but I'm not wedded to them.

Tax rises look inevitable given the state of the nation's finances.  I don't welcome them, just like everybody else, but I can't see enough growth magically appearing to allow us to avoid them, even if they have a dampening effect on the economy.  There are simply too many bills to pay and while we probably all agree the welfare budget could be trimmed, how and to what extent is still very much up in the air.


Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 10:23:00 Richard Carter
   Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 11:57:00 Barbara Stevens
   Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 12:21:00 John Hawkes
      Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 12:47:00 Barbara Stevens
         Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 13:23:00 Sue Hammond
            Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 14:37:00 Jonathan Callaway
               Re:Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 15:09:00 Barbara Stevens
               Re:Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 15:14:00 Sue Hammond
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 16:24:00 Jonathan Callaway
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 16:52:00 John Hawkes
            Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 17:10:00 Lucille Grant
               Re:Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 18:33:00 Ivonne Holliday
   Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 13:38:00 Ivonne Holliday
      Re:Re:Proposals for massive increases in Council Tax04/10/26 16:55:00 John Hawkes

Forum Home