Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Putney Hospital site activity - refurbishing the sub-station
Posted by: John Horrocks
Date/Time: 03/07/10 19:31:00

Caroline,

It really is amusing (if not actually a disgrace!) that you have, by mistake, quoted Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting minutes from a year ago - because, it seems to me, that nothing has changed in the last twelve months.  The information in last year's minutes seems to be where we still are on this saga, with no real progress made at all.

The Primary Care Trust is behaving very badly on this issue.  They are failing to make progress on the matter and failing to tell their Putney 'stakeholders' what is going on.

Perhaps if you press Colin Smith, the WPCT full-time public relations team leader, he might call a meeting of local residents in the Spencer Arms, Putney Common, to be given an update.  We are well overdue for such a meeting.  I emailed him recently asking for news on Putney Hospital - but he hasn't replied.

I wonder if Councillor Lucy Allen of Putney is still a member of the WPCT Board?  It would be very helpful if she could shed some light on what the WPCT is up to.

Putney Hospital was closed down in November 1999 and has stood empty ever since.  It has been calculated that the cost to the WPCT of their keeping the site secure and working up their aborted plans for the redevelopment of the site (for a new Primary Care Centre and a five-storey block of flats) has come to over £2M!  And what have we got for all this health service expenditure?      

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Putney Hospital site activity - refurbishing the sub-station01/07/10 12:38:00 Jim Cleary
   Re:Putney Hospital site activity - refurbishing the sub-station03/07/10 08:14:00 Caroline Whitehead
      Re:Re:Putney Hospital site activity - refurbishing the sub-station03/07/10 10:06:00 Caroline Whitehead
         Re:Re:Re:Putney Hospital site activity - refurbishing the sub-station03/07/10 19:31:00 John Horrocks
   Re:Putney Hospital site activity - refurbishing the sub-station06/07/10 14:48:00 Diana de Coverly Veale
      Re:Re:Putney Hospital site activity - refurbishing the sub-station06/07/10 16:43:00 Jim Cleary

Forum Home