Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital
Posted by: John Horrocks
Date/Time: 22/06/09 19:03:00

"WPCT are probably incapable of doing anything at all"

Richard, I suspect you may be right in expressing this view about our local health authority, the WPCT (which now likes to call itself Wandsworth NHS).

I have been involved in the discussions about the redevelopment of Putney Hospital ever since they began - following the closure of the Hospital in 1999.  I have attended more meetings on this topic than I care to remember - as a patient of one of the Doctors concerned, Putney Society Buildings Panel Convener and as a Commons Conservator.  I doubt whether anyone else has attended more meetings!

During this time there have been two different WPCT Chairmen, two different WPCT Chief Executives and four different Project managers in charge of the planned redevelopment scheme.  Is it any wonder that the WPCT has seemed to those, like me, who attend the WPCT's Board meetings, and has listened to their discussions on this issue, that their grasp of the compexities of the case has been tenuous!  Just consider how many times the Board has decided that demolition of the old Hospital would begin - for, then, nothing to happen!

It may be that the issues are so complex that the WPCT Board is not going to be able to resolve them.

We may find out at their Board meeting in September.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital03/06/09 22:28:00 John Horrocks
   Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital03/06/09 22:58:00 Nick Parker
      Re:Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital03/06/09 23:11:00 Suzanne Taylor
         Re:Re:Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital03/06/09 23:47:00 Martin Hime
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital11/06/09 14:28:00 Alison Macdonald
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital11/06/09 17:07:00 John Horrocks
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital11/06/09 19:30:00 Bunny Payne
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital12/06/09 17:38:00 Guy Sunda
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital19/06/09 14:42:00 Richard Carter
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Today's Wandsworth Primary Care Trust Board meeting - and Putney Hospital22/06/09 19:03:00 John Horrocks
         W.Guardian article13/06/09 02:45:00 Guy Sunda
            Re:W.Guardian article22/06/09 19:44:00 Bunny Payne

Forum Home