Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?
Posted by: Craig Fordham
Date/Time: 11/02/19 09:28:00

I’ve no reason to mistrust them. I don’t know them and have never encountered them, so I’m keeping an open mind.  Call me naive, but I prefer to start from a position of optimism and consider what might go right, rather than immediately jumping to everything that could go wrong.  The High St is in trouble and at this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t an Exchange in ten years.  At the same time the Borough is one of the youngest in the country with an average age of just 34.  It makes sense that the amenities should reflect that demographic, although right now all the investment, energy and positivity is being directed to Wandsworth.  This may be want people living nearby want - it will certainly reduce noise etc - but I would have thought that a vibrant High St was one of the reasons many people moved here.

I am sceptical of the proposal and I fully expect this company to try to sell it in the most positive light - after all this is their business and they want it to succeed.  I also recognise why Blackrock are so keen to get them in - High St retail is on its way out, so the Exchange needs to adapt or face being unviable.  But in the same way I suspect that it won’t be the Garden of Eden promised, I am equally sceptical of the forecasts on here that it will resemble the last days of Rome.  I understand and sympathise with those who live nearby and the disruption it might cause but the level of hysteria and fear-mongering that takes place on this forum to ANY new proposal, is frustratingly predictable. 

Personally, I’d like to see it being trialled - under strict conditions.   If those conditions (noise, litter etc) are breached it should, of course, be terminated.  I very much doubt, however, that it will get the green light

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?10/02/19 01:23:00 Mary McCue
   Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 00:29:00 Mary McCue
      Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 02:18:00 Michael Ixer
   Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 05:14:00 Peter Miles
      Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 06:49:00 Chantal Blake-Milton
         Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 09:28:00 Craig Fordham
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 20:34:00 Mary McCue
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 21:03:00 Jenny Traynor
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 21:39:00 John Gorst
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 21:42:00 Mary McCue
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 21:55:00 Martine Guy

Forum Home