Forum Message

Topic: Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?
Posted by: Mary McCue
Date/Time: 10/02/19 01:23:00

there is one issue in all of the comments on this forum about the Incipio proposal for a massive bar on top of Putney Exchange, whether for or against, that has not been raised.  That is, the issue of trust.

Do you trust a business that will publicly claim the endorsement of a venerated institution like the Royal Horticultural Society, without having actually asked for and been granted the endorsement?  To do so, as a business, demonstrates either a breathtaking lack of honesty, or a breathtaking lack of maturity as a business, probably both.  Would you do business with someone like that?  Would you trust them to run an operation that would seriously and negatively impact the local stakeholders?  I'm thinking probably not.  I wouldn't.

Add on top of that their constantly changing marketing strategy, first promoting an RHS-endorsed venue that will help offset the strangling air pollution on the High Street (obvious lie - all the plants are indoors), then shifting to a strategy of capturing the mindless vote by promoting a venue with a pretty picture and no other information on Instagram to drum up support.  Then moving on to collusion with their potential landlord Putney Exchange to promote an image and a false statement of what is being requested in the actual planning documents, to try and gain local support by lying. They have to keep shifting their marketing efforts, because what they have submitted is in violation of quite a lot of planning law and policy for a residential area.

Would you do business with someone like that?  I wouldn't.

The only "marketing material" that is relevant to any discussion of this proposal is the actual planning documentation.  Anyone who has actually read it, and then compared it to what Incipio is marketing, I'm happy to hear from.

And what I'd be most interested in hearing about is not whether you think it might save the High Street (a fairly complex issue), but having read the planning application in full, and compared that which they are actually proposing to what they are describing in their marketing efforts - would you trust that business?  would you do business with them?  That's what I'd be interested in hearing.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?10/02/19 01:23:00 Mary McCue
   Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 00:29:00 Mary McCue
      Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 02:18:00 Michael Ixer
   Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 05:14:00 Peter Miles
      Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 06:49:00 Chantal Blake-Milton
         Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 09:28:00 Craig Fordham
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 20:34:00 Mary McCue
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 21:03:00 Jenny Traynor
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 21:39:00 John Gorst
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 21:42:00 Mary McCue
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Pergola Putney - isn't the fundamental question about trust?11/02/19 21:55:00 Martine Guy

Forum Home