Forum Message

Topic: Re:Council repair responsibilities/liabilities
Posted by: Guy Sunda
Date/Time: 10/12/09 22:34:00

I'd read your tenancy agreement Adrian. One course of action is to get in touch with The Clerk of Works for your area.

Explain the fact the Sub Contractors have not done the work to their contractual obligation. Have him/her visit & acknowledge in writing whether the work is satisfactory from their view [the council's]

Wandsworth are notorious for letting shoddy work pass as 'work done in a workmanlike manner.' When anyone can see that's simply not the case.

Another avenue is to talk to the Estate Manager [usually a waste of time] a better option would be Health & Safety.

If an accident did happen due to the landlords negligence then they are to blame.

Ask who your talking to note the time & date & have any communication acknowledged.....

I'd love to know what happened if one did pay for the work to be done privately. Then deducted the cost from the rent.

Funny cos I was going to do post like this concernng my neighbours cold water tap. The pressure is so low no water comes out. Have the council done anything?....No!

They take the rent without mercy. But when it comes to maintaining any property. One hears "that costs money, can't do that."

Wandsworth is a council holding nearly £200 million in rental income.....For an emergency!

It's not like they even pay for the buildings insurance. We Lessees do dat.

Goodluck

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Council repair responsibilities/liabilities09/12/09 11:33:00 Adrian Nalden
   Re:Council repair responsibilities/liabilities10/12/09 22:34:00 Guy Sunda
      Re:Re:Council repair responsibilities/liabilities11/12/09 11:42:00 Adrian Nalden
         Re:Re:Re:Council repair responsibilities/liabilities11/12/09 15:36:00 Roger Lee
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Council repair responsibilities/liabilities12/12/09 00:01:00 Guy Sunda
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Council repair responsibilities/liabilities12/12/09 10:19:00 Roger Lee
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Council repair responsibilities/liabilities12/12/09 13:28:00 Guy Sunda
   Re:Council repair responsibilities/liabilities12/12/09 15:59:00 Peter Mc Fadden

Forum Home