Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!
Posted by: David Parker
Date/Time: 02/02/15 19:45:00

While I wish you well in your quest to survive I'm scratching my head somewhat as to what you expect to happen.

The request for people to ask for 'planning obligation 106 conditions' implies that you think it possible that the Council could impose a condition that British Land effectively be asked to subsidise your business. I've never heard of a developer being asked to divert section 106 funding in this way. If such conditions were imposed it would be far more likely to be for a medical centre or a non-fee paying nursery.

If your lease gave you no security of tenancy or any residual rights should your building be redeveloped I'm not sure what possible recourse you have. The cold hard fact is that, such is the level of residential property prices, the yield that British Land would get from letting you stay would be significantly below what they will get from flats.

While from your perspective this seems dreadfully unfair and I won't dispute that it will be a loss to Putney, imagine the situation is reversed and people's homes were being demolished to make way for a private sector children's play centre.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!28/01/15 18:14:00 Eddie Catz
   Re:Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!29/01/15 13:39:00 Eddie Catz
   Re:Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!29/01/15 20:44:00 Graham Root
      Re:Re:Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!30/01/15 12:15:00 Sarah Roberts
         Re:Re:Re:Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!01/02/15 09:27:00 Eddie Catz
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!02/02/15 19:45:00 David Parker
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!03/02/15 07:46:00 Martine Guy
                  I met a man that wasn't Nair03/02/15 09:10:00 David Parker
   Re:Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!04/02/15 14:12:00 Peter Higgins
      Re:Re:Save Eddie Catz PUTNEY  from closing if planning goes through!!09/02/15 15:23:00 John Horrocks

Forum Home