| Topic: | Ransom pic + reply to Mr Hawkes - 8 October 2026 | |
| Posted by: | Michael Ixer | |
| Date/Time: | 07/10/26 22:27:00 |
I think this robotic dog is showing off ... http://flic.kr/p/2sCFU2g •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Anyway, it's irrelevant at the moment; I've just done a test and the new, recently updated, GUI interface still gives me a "Failed to create Post" message when I do a reply to an existing thread rather than create a new thread - it also says it's been reported to the Neighbournet Support Team, so perhaps we can expect a fix soon ... anyway, that's the reason I'm replying to you as part of this new post rather than your original reply on my post! The old text version allows replies but is messy to use from a phone (which I'm currently using on a train), and doesn't follow links to Flickr properly; also, the text interface isn't very secure - I suspect that's why someone broke the law and hacked your account a while ago? I'll reconsider your suggestion when there's an update to the GUI version that fixes the "reply posting" bug. For the time being, I'll keep posting them as I can see from the Flickr statistics people are still viewing them - often more than are posting to the forum - so I know other like viewing them :-) I suppose the more threads there are, the better it looks from an advertising view point so it's less likely the forum will close through lack of income? I'd note, the Random pics are clearly marked and easier to avoid than some of the long, rambling replies that go off topic on some threads? If you have a problem with my response, don't bother replying to me. Instead, hassle the Forum owners to fix their software. It irritates me that after my 4+ decades in IT, I encounter software updates that contain basic bugs that any half decent test strategy would eliminate. |