Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Putney Library to close Fri afternoons from early July
Posted by: Jane Eades
Date/Time: 01/04/11 10:28:00

In response to the question about York Gardens, despite evidence that Wandsworth Council do not need to make cuts (they appear to have INCREASED their investments over the last year), the York Gardens Library is now to be a "Big Society" experiment.  In other words, we can keep it open only if we volunteer to help run it. 

The Council refused to consult on this and only came up with this bonkers idea at the last minute - am I being too cynical if I suggest that this was because they didn't want to allow time for people in the area to discuss it properly?

I am incensed that the library serving the most deprived area of the borough and the highest percentage of unaccompanied children and ethnic minorities should be singled out for less favourable treatment than all other libraries.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Putney Library to close Fri afternoons from early July28/03/11 15:13:00 Victoria Diamond
   Re:Putney Library to close Fri afternoons from early July30/03/11 16:35:00 PutneySW15 Editor
   Re:Putney Library to close Fri afternoons from early July31/03/11 17:20:00 Lucille Grant
      Re:Re:Putney Library to close Fri afternoons from early July01/04/11 00:34:00 Jerrett Myers
         Re:Re:Re:Putney Library to close Fri afternoons from early July01/04/11 10:28:00 Jane Eades

Forum Home