Forum Message

Topic: Re:New open spaces
Posted by: Patricia Poulter
Date/Time: 29/10/10 19:54:00

I agree that the old 60s/70s buildings do little to enhance that part of Putney ( or the Upper Richmond Road for that matter)and a lot of them could do with redevelopment.

What we do not know is how high these buildings would be.

The integration of a substantial residential element would significantly increase the heights and the previous proposals suggested that buildings up to 12 storeys would be acceptable in these locations to the exception of the cinema.

The telephone exchange was not included in the previous plans and I cant help but think that the access issue is not a workable one.

I cannot answer the questions of how likely, how soon, who would be buying the sites.
The people with the answers are Wandsworth Borough Council, our Councillors and the Putney Town Partnership.They have been talking to developers and businesses.

The answers may be provided at the meeting organised by the Putney Society on 30th Nov at the Brewer Building ( St Mary's Church) 7.30pm where WBC will be presenting the plans.  

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Residents of Montserrat rd, Bustock Rd, Atney Rd and Oxford Rd27/10/10 12:07:00 Patricia Poulter
   Re:Residents of Montserrat rd, Bustock Rd, Atney Rd and Oxford Rd27/10/10 15:37:00 Simon Kelly
      Re:Re:Residents of Montserrat rd, Bustock Rd, Atney Rd and Oxford Rd27/10/10 16:15:00 Patricia Poulter
         New open spaces29/10/10 17:04:00 Dave Roberts
            Re:New open spaces29/10/10 19:54:00 Patricia Poulter

Forum Home