Forum Message

Topic: I would like to buy Christmas presents sourced from Cumbria
Forum Home
Posted by: James Dixon
Date/Time: 27/11/09 10:49:00

I would like to buy some of my Christmas presents, sourced from Cumbria. Rather better to ‘pump’ some money into the local economy there, than perhaps buy imported goods.

It would be a good Christmas present to the locals too, in effect.

Problem: there does not appear to be any website which gives a comprehensive overview of what the area has to offer.

Obvious, but a bit restricted, solutions might include buying calendars depicting Lake District views, to be sent to overseas friends and relatives, and thus in effect acting as sales promoters for the tourism industry in the future.

But what else? Kendal Mint Cake? Cumberland sausages?

The Lakeland website at

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/

is interesting, but a bit tangential [except for the link to another site for making donations] as the products there do not seem to come from Cumbria itself.

Anybody any other ideas, include website links?

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
I would like to buy Christmas presents sourced from Cumbria27/11/09 10:49:00 James Dixon
   Re:I would like to buy Christmas presents sourced from Cumbria27/11/09 11:18:00 Martine Guy
   Re:I would like to buy Christmas presents sourced from Cumbria27/11/09 13:43:00 Claire Longworth
   Re:I would like to buy Christmas presents sourced from Cumbria27/11/09 13:55:00 Gail Gibbs
      Re:Re:I would like to buy Christmas presents sourced from Cumbria27/11/09 14:42:00 Martine Guy

Forum Home