Forum Message

Topic: Re:lost phone
Posted by: John Cameron
Date/Time: 17/08/19 10:12:00

In 2012 I worked for the London Olympics, driving VIP peeps from their Park Lane hotels to the various venues, as a volunteer.  There was a lot of hanging around, and I would take my laptop to work on.  I cycled from Putney to the underground garage in Park Lane where we and our fleet of BMW's (and electric Minis) were based. 

Late one evening I cycled home to Putters, arriving after midnight. I got off my bike to discover that my saddlebag had fallen off.  In it was my passport, driving licence, blackberry, laptop and wallet with credit cards and a fair amount of cash.  The only thing that I had was my mobile.

Rather than go to bed, I retraced my route, and had to hop the fence into Hyde Park as the gate I had used a couple of hours previously had closed.  I didn't find my saddle bag, so started to head home.

Just as I started, my phone rang (it was now about 1am) so I knew this was good news.  The caller had my saddle bag, and was in Hyde Park.  He had found my number on business cards in my wallet. 

We met outside the Dorchester and he told me to check everything was there.  I explained I didn't need to. 

The young man was from eastern Europe and worked in a Mayfair restaurant washing up. 

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
lost phone16/08/19 23:02:00 Maureen Ann Smith
   Re:lost phone17/08/19 10:12:00 John Cameron
      Re:Re:lost phone17/08/19 14:02:00 Andy Pike

Forum Home